Faculty and staff are encouraged,
and in some cases required, to use a University email account for business
purposes. The University of Nevada provide Exchange email
services. Access to Exchange email is
available from any internet connected computer
from the webmail sites listed below. On
personal office and home machines, client software
such as MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple OS
X Mail, etc. may be configured.
Faculty/Staff Exchange Webmail
iPhone Configuration for Exchange
- Exchange is the primary secure email system for UNR
and School of Medicine faculty and staff. Email
addresses within the UNR domain typically end in
"@unr.edu". Addresses associated with the
School of Medicine end
- Exchange email accounts are linked to your
NetID. Changing your NetID password
will change your email password and vice-versa.
MS Outlook supports many paperless office options including personal and shared
calendars, meeting scheduling and invitations, and public folders.
- On campus: UNR IT recommends use of Microsoft Outlook (Windows
or Mac OS X Mail to send/receive and manage email. However, ANY
secure email client may be used.
- Off-campus: Exchange mail is available in one of two ways.
- Web access via Outlook Web Access (OWA). OWA is platform independent which
means it is accessible from any network connected PC, Mac or Linux machine.
- Use of the full MS Outlook client from off-campus locations requires configuration
RPC over HTTP